Now home to the A. Alfred Taubman Center for Design Education, the Argonaut Building was used as office space for General Motors until 2007, when it was donated to the College for Creative Studies. The building is now used as both an art-based charter school and a graduate school. This L-shaped Art Deco building was built between 1928 and 1936, primarily from limestone and brick. All GM designs between 1936 and 1956, including the original Chevrolet Corvette, were conceived in the research center of this building.
Address: 485 W Milwaukee Ave, Detroit, MI 48202
Architect: Albert Kahn
Style: Art Deco